Renovation of the buildings complex “Lighthouse of Capo D'Orso”
- Client Ministry of public works - District of Campania e Molise regions
- Site Maiori - Naples
- Date of service 2008-2009
- Assignment Preliminary, definitive, detailed design phases. Health and safety coordination in the construction phases
- Amount of work € 506.000,00
- Team Studio KR e Associati, Engr. Francesco Pecorella
- Data Sheet Rivista CaseArchitetture (pp 2 - 380KB)
Aim of the project was to perform renovation works and seismic and structural enhancement to the existing buildings making up the complex of the Lighthouse of Capo D'Orso, located in the municipality of Maiori, along the Costiera Amalfitana road, restoring it to its former glory.
The lighthouse was built in 1882, among the first constructed after the unification of Italy.
The architectural design and plant engineering was prepared to restore the interior while providing subdivisions that would allow the client wide ranging discretion according to changing needs (e.g. museum centre or luxury resort).
The project involved the development of a set of destructive and non-destructive, inspections, surveys and material testing including but not limited to:
- - tests with single and double flat jacks;
- - endoscopic tests;
- - ultrasonic tests;
- - SPT tests on soil;
- - thermographic surveys;
- - material testing on materials etc.
The structural design was prepared in order to:
- a) repair damage caused by time and neglect;
- b) improve structural protection against earthquakes;
- c) improve the structure with regard to vertical loads.